Industrial infrastructure comprising of transportation infrastructure as roads, bridges, highways, airports, Ports, Railways, oil & gas pipelines, Storage Spaces etc form the backbone of industrialization in any country by enabling the movement of goods and people from producers to consumers.
The infrastructure development in modern world is increasingly being taken on Public Private Partnerships – where the defacto methodology of project execution is Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC).
EPC Philosophy entails that the complete project is broken down into major components and equipment – which is tendered out to the successful bidder – who is responsible for doing the detailed engineering, in compliance with basic engineering design as prepared by owner or owner’s consultant.
For the creation of modern airport, the subcontracted work may include packages as – Civil Structures, Roads, HVAC Systems, Security Systems, Fire Protection systems, Communication & Public Address Systems, Baggage Handling Systems, Fuel Storage & refueling systems, Mechanical, Electrical & Plumbing Packages etc
Similarly, creation of modern roads may include the structures as Bridges, Culverts, storm water drainage etc.
Once the project has been decided to be executed, the owner sets the objective of the project. Owner also hires specialized consultancy firms – Project Management Consultants(PMC) – who, in alignment with the objectives of the owner, perform the basic engineering of the asset including design, subcontracting, vendor management & project management activities. They may divide the overall project into packages, evaluates the bid received and recommends owner to award the package to the successful bidder, reviews the engineering documents created by the successful bidder and oversees the execution of the project till the asset handover and contract closure.
tBits CollabWrite – over the life cycle of the Engineering, Procurement & Construction projects in Industrial Infrastructure development – assists by performing the following functions:
tBits Modules used across the project phases
tBits usage in Engineering Phase:
- Document Control– Management of Basic Engineering documents
- Tender Documents - including Technical & Commercial Evaluation of Bids
- Detailed Engineering Documents – Till Good for Construction / Release for construction and till As-Built.
- Uncontrolled Documents – Site photographs, Monthly Reports, Adhoc documents etc
- Modules for documents for C&I.
tBits usage in Procurement Phase
- Quality Process Automation & collaboration between the Vendors, Third Party Inspection Agencies & Owners including:
- Inspection Calls Management between Vendor, Contractor, Third Party inspection Agencies and Owner till the release of Material Dispatch Clearance Certificates Generation.
- Logistics Management
- Site inspections
- Material Tracking until reconciliation of material to be handed over to Owner at the end of the project as per contract.
tBits usage in Construction Phase:
Collaboration between Site Office, Project Execution Office & Project Engineering Offices.
- Technical Queries
- Field Design Change Notes
- Tracking of Fortnightly Project Execution Activities
- Transfer Protocols - including the material consumption detailed for invoicing & Punch Lists.
- Health Safety & Environmental Management
- Automation of site workflows as Invoice Tracking, etc
- Engineering support management
- As-Built Document Management & Control